Hey everyone! I know I haven’t posted in a while and I apologize! I have had a crazy couple weeks with starting a new job and getting back on a regular schedule. Those of you who don’t know me, I was a nanny in San Francisco for almost 3 years until this past July when I decided to quit due to the amount of hours I was commuting from SF to my house in the Eastbay. Which is 40 minutes without traffic and two hours with!
When I quit my job, I did go on a month long vacation to the East coast and Portugal to visit family. Which you can read about here,here,here, here,here, and here.When I returned I was unemployed and majority of my time was filling out applications, going on interviews, and working on call babysitting jobs until I met the perfect family.
I recently met the perfect the family and started officially working last week and I couldn’t be happier. My commute is shorter, and my hours are great and flexible to where I can dedicate a lot of my time to my other passion and that is my blog!
I hope you guys enjoy reading my posts and will follow me along! This post is for you guys to get to know me a little a better since you really only see pictures of me.
- I am a nanny – I absolutely love being a nanny. I was going to school to eventually become a kindergarten teacher but decided to be a nanny because of the one on one relationship I am able to have with the child and family, which I find more rewarding.
2. My favorite color is green
3. My favorite type of food is Thai food
4. Mexican food is my least favorite-I will eat Mexican food, but it’s defiantly my last choice.
5. I mainly only listen to country music-Being from the Bay Area, I grew up listening to just rap music and artists like Tupac, Eminem, and Jay Z. As I got older, I grew out of that really quick and started listening to country and spanish music. Country music defiantly sticked and I don’t go a day without listening to it. My favorite artists are Luke Bryan, Sam Hunt, Kane Brown, Chris Young, and Jason Aldean.
6. I love scary movies and shows- I’ve always been fan of 48 Hours and any type of show or movie that has to deal with murders, and investigations. I’m currently watching American Horror Story on Netflix. I’m only on season two, but I have been binge watching it! Even though I love watching these types of shows, I scared to sleep sometimes at night! But I will still watch it!
7. I’m Obsessed with Pineapples- I pretty much love anything tropical, but since my early 20’s I have had tis obsession over pineapples! I don’t know what it is or how I became so obsessed. But I love it in food, as a drink, and as a home decoration.
8. I love my curly hair- Not too many girls with curly hair like their own hair. But I have always loved my hair and never wished it was straight. I have straightened it a few times and actually hate it! The only things I wish I could have with my curly hair to switch it up a little is have some bangs!
9. I dislike ice cream, but I love frozen yogurt
10. I only like Round Table Pizza- no other pizza place tops Round Table Pizza to me.
11. I experienced this horrible tragedy in Madeira, Portugal, you can read more about my experience in Madeira, here
12. My birthday is July 1ST- Growing up we always celebrated it on the 4th of July. I think it was cause we were always camping and we also would celebrate the 4th, so we would just do it together.
13. I can be really shy and quiet
14. I love Chai tea latte from Starbucks
15. I love my name, Marynel- It was my grandmas best friends name from London, and when my mom was born in Madeira, Portugal her name was supposed to be Marynel. However, it wasn’t allowed. So when I was born here in the United States, my mom named me Marynel
- 16. I am scared of taking elevators – I have been stuck twice in an elevator. Once in Portugal and once in the EastBay, and when I worked in SF, I had to take an elevator everyday to get my work. It was a fear I just had to suck up and get over because I couldn’t take 10 flights of stairs everyday with two kids. But if I don’t have to take the elevator, I always choose the stairs!